Commonwealth Oil has developed a line of dielectric fluids for EDM. The industry standard, EDM 244, is the best all-purpose dielectric for EDM applications. Commonwealth Oil also offers three versions of synthetic dielectric fluids - Commonwealth Super Supreme, Commonwealth Euro Supreme and their latest formulation - Vitality. Vitality is the world's first bio-enriched dielectric fluid for EDM, specially designed to minimize the interaction between the fluid and the end user.
About EDM 244
This is the most popular and most highly respected dielectric fluid in North America. This is the fluid that first made operators aware that dielectric fluids did not have to be hazardous. It is the definitive universal dielectric fluid used throughout the medical,automotive and aerospace world. All components used meet the Code of Federal Regulations (21-CFR) for NSF H1 Registered Food Grade Lubricants. See below material information.
EDM-244 is especially formulated to deliver the following performance benefits:
- Approved for use in nuclear facilities.
- Reduces DC Arcing.
- High Flashpoint, reducing chance of fire.
- Longer fluid life. Proven field performance.
- Lower viscosity, increasing flushing at point of cut.
- Clear. You can easily see to the bottom of the barrel.
- Low density allows rapid settling of particles in filter.
- Low odour levels from time of fill, to after many working years.
- Aromatic and sulphur content are nearly undetectable under laboratory conditions, making them environmentally safer.
- Higher dielectric strength leads to reduced polishing time.
- Transor Approved.
- Approved for use in ONA Filtration Systems